zondag 27 mei 2012

Big

[Transcript van een meesterlijke commercial voor Barclays (bank) uit 2000 met Anthony Hopkins, regie Tony Scott (broer van Ridley), schrijver onbekend. Onder het transcript de link naar het filmpje.]

What is this about big? 
You know, seeing the big picture, having the big idea, clinching the big deal. Nobody wants to clinch the little deal, who wants to do that? To be a little-deal-clincher, a small shot. No, when you going to get a burgy, you wanna big mac. When you go to the funfair, you ride a big dipper. You turn on the TV and you see a big bird or you're afraid of the big bad wolf.
When I was growing up I wanted to be the big man, I never wanted to be the little man, even the little man wanted to be the big man.
When you go to a America you go to the big apple, not the little apple.
When I get up in the morning I want a big breakfast, I want my girl-friend to say 'good morning big boy', to which I reply: 'a good big day today, a big meeting with the big chiefs from the big studio, it's a big time for the big bucks' and she would turn to me rolling her big blue eyes and say 'big head'. I (...?) and say 'what's the big deal?', give her a big kiss and get into my big car and set out for the big wide world, she would give me a big wave, close the door of our big house, look in the mirror and ask herself 'does my bum look big in this?'
And in my big meeting I turn to one of the big hitters and say 'I love this movie, it's gonna be big, there's only one small problem: my fee. I'd like it to be, ehm, what's the word..'

link naar filmpje

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten